Notes to Self
Very excited about this widget, dear friends.
For so long, I've wanted a way to keep notes in Muse. I tried creating layers that I that I labeled "DO NOT PUBLISH" or "TURN OFF VISIBILITY BEFORE PUBLISHING," but you can imagine I would never remember to do that. Then my notes and reminders, thoughts on workflow, ideas to try here and there... all would publish right along with everything else.
And then as I was working on another widget, the solution presented itself like a lightening bolt to the face, but with much less smoldering.
And this widget is the result.
Drag as many of these widgets onto your Muse project as you like. Change their color, their text, their size. Put them on the canvas or right on the page. They won't harm a thing. They won't even preview or publish! That's the beauty of this widget. You can create notes for yourself and stick them all over the place, just like you do in real life. Create notes for:
- Client requests
- Reminders to confirm project content
- Explanations to team members
- Site content and design comments
- Review or training notes
To use the "Notes to Self" widget
- Click on the Note's blue arrow to open the widget's flyout panel.
- Change the color of the Note and the "sticky" strip if you like.
- Enter your note in the text field.
- Change the font, font size and font color of the entire Note using Muse's text panel.
- For line breaks and other basic text formatting, you will have to use basic markup when entering your note in the flyout panel.
Text Formatting Tags
The following HTML tags are used to format the appearance of the text in your Note.
|Manual Line Break||
||This single tag will simply insert a manual line break ¶
wherever you place it.
||The text in between the tags will be bold.|
||The text in between the tags will be italicized.|
||The text in between the tags will be underlined.|
||Puts a line right through the center of the text.
||Text is displayed
||Text between the tags will render slightly smaller than the text around it.|
||A useful tag, this tag will insert line breaks and, as it says,
For example, here is how to produce the text in the default Notes widget pictured above:
Enter your notes in the widget's flyout panel. Choose overall font, font size and font color in the Muse text panel.<br /><br /><b>The coolest part...</b><br />These sticky notes don't preview or publish!